The official “Life is too short to carry an Ugly Pen!®” shirt is now available for purchase! This 100% cotton navy shirt is not only cool, but it also supports a great non profit group. ALL the sales proceeds will be given to CAMPAIGN FOR CURSIVE, a nonprofit group focused on bringing public recognition and awareness to the importance of teaching cursive writing to all kids, and even adults. Due to their hard work over the past several years they’ve seen legislation return cursive instruction to the curriculum in many states. Research shows that while technology is needed in a digital age, handwriting is necessary, too, for a well-rounded education.
Call 972-479-1405 ext 321 or email Choice@retro51.com to order yours today. Make sure to specify size (Unisex sizes Small through 4X), shipping address & a payment method (Credit Card only).
• 100% Cotton Navy T-Shirt
• Unisex Sizes (Small through 4X)
• $13.50 + USPS Shipping (+ Taxes for Texas residents)
• All Sales Final. While Supplies Last.
Update – Contest Winners:
THANK YOU to everyone who took part in the Hurricane Harvey Donations! Over three thousand dollars was donated to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts because of you.
We randomly selected ten winners and they are listed below. I will be contacting each to arrange for the prizes.
1. Raul E.
2. Rob W.
3. Gregg M.
4. Mayer M.
5. Adam U.
6. Dan D.
7. Tina S. M.
8. Keith M.
9. Helen W.
10. Jeff C.
Hurricane Harvey is the most deadly and devastating hurricane to strike U.S. in over a decade. We want to encourage giving to the Red Cross to help the massive relief effort to come. We will have a drawing for 10 unique, one-of-kind/ factory sample Tornados to promote giving donations.
How to enter:
- Text “Harvey” to 90999 to give a $10 donation to the Red Cross (or Donate at Red Cross.org and make sure the funds are directed to “Hurricane Harvey”).
- Each $10 donation gives you one (1) entry into the drawing to win. There is no limit to entries (but you can only win once).
- Either email, tweet us @Retro1951 or comment via Facebook with how many $10 donations you gave. (We are doing this on a trust basis).
- This donation promotion ends at 9 am CDT on Tuesday, Sept. 5th and will do the drawing that afternoon.
Ten total winners. One given to each of the winners drawn at random. Only one win per person.
Thank you for taking part and your continued support.
-The Retro 51 Team
Great white sharks have terrified us for years! From JAWS release in the 70’s & 80’s to 29 years of Discovery’s Shark Week, we can’t get enough of these predatory fish. With this mystique in mind we created the latest Tornado Popper, Shark Alley. The barrel’s swimming with several acid-etched sharks, plated in a stonewashed pewter finish and complete with accent printing and gloss varnish. The matching pewter trim is numbered on the top ring, topped with a graphic finial and packaged in a matching tube. Only 758 are available, so get one before it costs you an arm and a leg. In stores this week, call your local Retro dealer to check availability.
Comments or feedback? We’d love to hear from you!
Do you play Christmas music in July or watch a holiday movie everyday? If so, this is the contest for you. There will be seven total winners! The first two are based on time and the final five will be entered into a pool for random selection.
- Fill out the Crossword puzzle correctly! Either take a photo of the completed puzzle with your smart phone OR type all the answers out complete with numbers.
- Email to richard[at]retro51[dot]com
- Contest ends on Tuesday, Dec. 20th, 2017 at 3pm (Central Time).
Click to see a larger puzzle here!
The first two winners to send in the completed puzzle with all the correct answers get their choice of the Tornadoes shown below. WE HAVE OUR FIRST TWO WINNERS!
Five more winners will be randomly selected after the contest ends on Tuesday the 20th. To be entered in this drawing you must get every answer correct and submitted by the deadline. These winners will chose their prize based on their numerical order drawn. For example, first name drawn gets first choice…fifth winner will get the remaining pen. Winners will be contacted by email.
Seven total Tornadoes decorated with holiday graphics!
2016 Holiday Collage x 2 Available
2015 Christmas Cookie x 1
2014 Wrapping Paper x 1
2008 Season’s Greetings Penguin x 1
Thanks, good luck and Happy Holidays!
Happy Thanksgiving from the Retro 51 Team! We are thankful for such great fans and wanted to show it through a fun Thanksgiving contest. It’s very simple, think of someone you are thankful for and tag them on one of our social sites:
- Tag this person in the comment section via the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram post (only one entry per person)
- We’ll compile all the participants and have a random drawing for two winners. The winners will get a Jingle Bell Tornado PLUS a choice of the Classic Tornadoes to give to the person you are thankful for (OR you can keep the Classic Tornado and give them the Jingle Bells).
- Contest ends tomorrow at 3 PM (Central Time) and will be notified via the social marketing source they participated through.
Good luck and thanks again!
This coming Friday, November 4th, is National Fountain Pen Day. In honor of this special day for penthusiasts, we will be giving a Tornado Fountain Pen away every day this week. Here is how to enter the daily contest:
- Take a photo of any Retro51 pen (fountain, rollerball, ballpoint or pencil) you are currently using and hand write Fountain Pen Day 2016 next to it.
- Post this image either on our Facebook page, on Twitter (tagging us @Retro1951), on Instagram (also tagging us @Retro1951) or by commenting below.
- One entry per person, per day (one day = from noon till 11:59 am the following day – central time). The photo must be different for each day/entry. You can enter once daily with up to five chances to win. You may only win once.
We will randomly select a winner everyday at noon (CST) and post the name on our social media sites.
The winner will get to choose between the Black Acrylic, Marlin Acrylic or Black Cherry. Nibs available in Fine, Medium and Broad.
Good luck and thanks for entering!
Name: Gregg Morton
How many Retro pens and product do you own: 357
Which Retro was your first one? Purchased my first Retro 51, a Disney Simple Mickey (sold out) on November 23rd 2011, thus triggering the addiction…
What characteristic about our products are you drawn to? Great looking pens and wide variety of themes. Easy on the bank account and perform as well or better than many pens 10 times the cost. If you can’t find a Retro 51 that catches your eye, then something wrong with you.
Do you have a favorite or a top five favorites? That’s a difficult one to answer. My favorite probably the Vanness Pens Joey Feldman Exclusives (Black Clip Ed. & Red Clip Ed.), followed by the Anderson Pens Exclusive Terabyte Tornado, Paradise Pen Exclusive Vino Cork Set (Sold Out), Ya-Ling Cherry Blossoms (sold out) and the Exotic Leopard (sold out).
How long have you been collecting Retro 51’s? Since November 2011.
What made you start collecting Retro products? Once I had that first one in my hand, I had to have more and more. Daughter moved out so I had yet another room to fill with collectibles and Retro 51 filled the bill. The wife now threatening to leave if I buy another Retro 51. I’m sure going to miss her….
Which Popper theme do you think we need to come out with next? Since Retro 51 has had past collaborations with Disney, I’d sure love to see some Star Wars themes.
What is your next Retro 51 purchase? Either the next one you release or the next one I stumble across that I don’t currently have…
Big thanks from the Retro51 team to Gregg for taking the time to answer these questions and send us photos of his collection.