Now that March Madness is in full swing, it’s time to fill out a bracket with your predictions of who you think will go all the way. Basketball you say? No! We’re talking fan favorite Retro pens here. To find out which Retro pen of is really #1, we bring you the Retro 51 Bracket Challenge!
Simply follow these rules and enjoy watching the pens face off in a daily vote. Can you predict which designs will be the favorites? Will your favorite design be voted the #1 Retro? Sign up according to the rules below and see how to win these coveted prizes.
- Print out the bracket and fill in which designs you think will win each round. (OR fill out the Retro51_Bracket Challenge Excel File).
- Email your bracket (photo of handwritten version OR Excel file) to Choice@Retro51.com before the Wednesday 3/20 at 8 am CDT DEADLINE.
- Come back daily and vote (via social media sites) for each pen’s face offs. The design(s) with the most votes after 24 hours will be the winner and advance to the next round.
- Keep track of your score to see how well you are doing.
- One entry per person
Photo references (download here):
Each round will receive points for the number of correct predicted winners.
Round 1 – 2 points per correct predicted winner
Round 2 – 4 points
Round 3 – 8 points
Round 4 – 16 points
Round 5 (Final) – 32 points
The winners with the most points will win the following:
Grand Prize: Abbondanza 10th Anniversary Ebonite Rollerball/Fountain Pen with Titanium Nib. This was a limited edition of 351 pieces from 1990 produced in Italy.
Second Place: 10th Anniversary Titanium Tornado Rollerball – Limited Edition of 1951 pieces from 1990 in the original packaging.
Third Place – Fifth Place: Choice of 15th Anniversary Deco Gift Set, 15th Anniversary Etched Tornado or 20th Anniversary Copper Tornado with keyring token.
Sixth & Seventh Place – If you took part in the contest, we’ll randomly choose two winners to get any left over anniversary Tornado prizes from the 3rd and fifth place prize level.
Step up your writing game with the SWISH All-Star from Retro 51!
With the basketball season intensifying in college and NBA, who will be the all-star to take their team to the championship? This Big Shot rollerball has an acid-etched texture with hand applied red, white and blue lacquer complete with black gloss trim. Each pen has been numbered on the top ring and comes in a matching tube with only 951 pieces produced. Make a fast break to your Retro dealer because the timer is already ticking down. BOOMSHAKALAKA!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help finding a dealer. These will be in stores this week to early next week based on location.
For decades NASA has sent orbiters and rovers to gather intelligence that will help us learn about Mars and the ability to land a manned mission. The latest Tornado Popper, Mission to Mars recognizes the imagination that first started in the pulp comics of the 30s – 40s to the reality it has become less than a century later. This Tornado barrel is printed with graphics reflective of the future rocket that will launch this mission complete with logo top disc and numbered top ring. Pick up one of these collectible rollerballs (numbered edition of 730) because they’re going to blast off in 10…9…8…
They are shipping to retailers today (1-8-18) and will be in stores later this week to early next week (Jan 10th-15th). Email Sales@retro51.com for help finding a dealer.
Why 730 pieces? This is significant for the number of days it would take to make a round trip from Earth to Mars and back.
This coming Friday, November 3rd, is National Fountain Pen Day. In honor of this special day for penthusiasts, we will be giving a Tornado Fountain Pen away every day this week (and two on Friday). Here is how to enter the contest:
- Take a photo of any Retro51 pen (fountain, rollerball, ballpoint or pencil) you are currently using and hand write Fountain Pen Day 2017 next to it.
- Post this image either on our Facebook page, on Twitter (tagging us @Retro1951), or on Instagram (also tagging us @Retro1951) .
- One entry per person, per day (one day = from noon till 11:59 am the following day – central time). The photo must be different for each day/entry. You can enter once daily with up to five chances to win. You may only win once.
We will randomly select a winner everyday at noon (CST) and post the name on our social media sites. Each day starts a fresh drawing.
The winner will get to choose between the Black Acrylic, Orange, Peacock, Black Cherry Classic lacquers or the Lincoln. Nibs available in Fine, Medium and Broad.
Good luck and thanks for entering!
DAY 1 Winner:
Day 2 Winner:
Day 3 Winner:
Day 4 Winner:
Day 5 Winner:
A big THANK YOU to everyone who took part in this fun week’s event. We’ll do this again next year. Until then… Life is too short to carry an Ugly Pen!® (Pass it on).
Just some of the entries…
We can’t tell you what your future will bring, but we know cool stuff awaits you! The Zodiac twist-top rollerball is decorated with all twelve (western) zodiac signs that is complimented with matte black nickel accents. The stealth style and smooth writer can be utilized for several tasks, but more importantly, it will be a catalyst to capture your dreams. Each Zodiac comes packaged in a matching tube and is numbered on the top ring. Act fast though because only 812 were made and it will sell out.
The official “Life is too short to carry an Ugly Pen!®” shirt is now available for purchase! This 100% cotton navy shirt is not only cool, but it also supports a great non profit group. ALL the sales proceeds will be given to CAMPAIGN FOR CURSIVE, a nonprofit group focused on bringing public recognition and awareness to the importance of teaching cursive writing to all kids, and even adults. Due to their hard work over the past several years they’ve seen legislation return cursive instruction to the curriculum in many states. Research shows that while technology is needed in a digital age, handwriting is necessary, too, for a well-rounded education.
Call 972-479-1405 ext 321 or email Choice@retro51.com to order yours today. Make sure to specify size (Unisex sizes Small through 4X), shipping address & a payment method (Credit Card only).
• 100% Cotton Navy T-Shirt
• Unisex Sizes (Small through 4X)
• $13.50 + USPS Shipping (+ Taxes for Texas residents)
• All Sales Final. While Supplies Last.
Update – Contest Winners:
THANK YOU to everyone who took part in the Hurricane Harvey Donations! Over three thousand dollars was donated to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts because of you.
We randomly selected ten winners and they are listed below. I will be contacting each to arrange for the prizes.
1. Raul E.
2. Rob W.
3. Gregg M.
4. Mayer M.
5. Adam U.
6. Dan D.
7. Tina S. M.
8. Keith M.
9. Helen W.
10. Jeff C.
Hurricane Harvey is the most deadly and devastating hurricane to strike U.S. in over a decade. We want to encourage giving to the Red Cross to help the massive relief effort to come. We will have a drawing for 10 unique, one-of-kind/ factory sample Tornados to promote giving donations.
How to enter:
- Text “Harvey” to 90999 to give a $10 donation to the Red Cross (or Donate at Red Cross.org and make sure the funds are directed to “Hurricane Harvey”).
- Each $10 donation gives you one (1) entry into the drawing to win. There is no limit to entries (but you can only win once).
- Either email, tweet us @Retro1951 or comment via Facebook with how many $10 donations you gave. (We are doing this on a trust basis).
- This donation promotion ends at 9 am CDT on Tuesday, Sept. 5th and will do the drawing that afternoon.
Ten total winners. One given to each of the winners drawn at random. Only one win per person.
Thank you for taking part and your continued support.
-The Retro 51 Team