It’s been awhile since we have had a contest to give you, our fans, a chance to win a Retro 51 fine writing instrument. We are thankful for the many fans and friends we have made over the years, so this is our way of giving back to you. To win all you have to do is follow these rules:
- Enter a caption (comment below) for the cartoon below.
- An email must be linked to the entry so we can contact you if you win.
- One entry per person (all other entries will be discarded)
- Contest ends at 8:00 AM Monday, August 24th, 2015
That’s it, just give us your best caption for the cartoon drawn by our summer intern Luke. The winner will have a chance to win one of the new Tornado designs below. The Retro 51 team will choose our three favorite captions and notified by email.
Good luck and thanks again!
You get to choose from one of these new Tornado designs:
Happy Thanksgiving week from everyone here at Retro 1951. We are so thankful for you our fans! As a small way of saying ‘thanks’ we wanted to have a contest giving away a ‘Peace, Love & Happiness’ limited edition Popper Tornado to you AND a person of your choosing. All you have to do is comment and say who you are thankful for (first name and your relationship with them, for example, Bob – Dad). First thing Monday morning, Dec. 1st, we will have a random drawing and give you and the person you have mentioned each a Tornado pictured above.
One entry per person. Contest entry ends at midnight Sunday November 30th, 2104.
It’s that time of year for trick or treating, costumes and candy, lots of candy! Well, Retro 1951 is having a contest where you can win one of several Retro 51 treats including the one of a kind Retro 51 Tornado (see below). So put on your costume and read the rules below.
1. Photo yourself, your kid or your pet IN COSTUME with a sign that says “Life is too short to carry an Ugly Pen!” with your smart phone (No Photoshopped entries will be accepted).
2. Post the photo on Facebook.com/Retro51 or on Twitter tag @Retro1951 and you will be entered. One entry per customer.
3. The Retro 51 team will judge their favorite costumes based on originality, hilarity or whatever is the coolest! (Please keep it tasteful too).
4. Contest ends Friday, November 1st at noon CST. Winners will be announced on Facebook and Twitter Monday at 11 CST.
Grand Prize: One of Kind Tornado. Your choice of one of these (from left to right): Stealth to Chrome, Wavy Orange Groove Writer, Blue and Chrome stripe, Creme Croco leather and Snakeskin leather with rose gold accents.
1st Place: Lincoln Fountain
2nd Place: Choose between the Bocote (top) or Goncalo (bottom) wood Tornado
3rd, 4th and 5th place: Choose a Refill 3-pack (Rollerball or Easy Flow/ Black or Blue)
With our release of the Snapper Tornado, we wanted to give our fans a chance to win one! What better way than an old fashioned word scramble of Retro trivia. If you don’t know the answers off hand then use the hints in parenthesis to find the answers on retro51.com or on Facebook (FB – on the specified date).
THERE WILL BE FOUR WINNERS
The first two puzzles received with correct answers and two by random drawing for puzzles with correct answers.
Contest ends this Friday at noon (EST). The winners by drawing will be announced Friday afternoon.
1.Complete the puzzle
2. Email the answers to richard [at] retro51 [dot] com.
3. All answers must be correct to be entered for a chance to win.
4. The BONUS section is optional, but you will knock off 5 minutes for every correct answer. IE The email is received at 1 PM, but you got all 4 bonuses so you will get credited for 12:40 PM entry.
The Tornado has been a part of Retro 51’s lineup for the last 16 years now. With its trademark twist-top and cool modern look, it is easily recognizable. Just as recognizable is the nifty aluminum “cigar tube” that each Tornado is packaged in. Besides protecting your favorite writing instrument, what other clever uses have you devised for our packaging tube? This weeks competition will award the most unique and clever answer with the Monroe Vintage Metalsmith Tornado… It is a textural delight with its diamond cut barrel overlaid with a dark red metallic lacquer to add a cool look and a great feel. Feel free to post a picture on Facebook, Twitter or tag us in an Instagram photo showing how you have also used your cigar tube.
Contest ends midnight on Wednesday, July 4th!
Our resident pet “Beagle” is on the prowl, what’s on her mind? What is she doing? Add a caption to this photo for a chance to win the Vintage Metalsmith “Jefferson,” an acid-etched Tornado with all antiqued finish. Funniest, wittiest, most creative, unique or whatever we like the best wins!
The contest will end on Monday at midnight, so get your captions in.